Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Butternut squash pillow

The other night I made candied butternut squash. It was the typical squash, coconut oil, brown sugar, nutmeg, & clove (no cinnamon since akahige is allergic) Super taste but lots of leftovers. We kept adding it to meals but I think it was magical cause it never seemed to end. I was craving an autumn treat and decided to make something new. Now they are requested nightly. "Dinner was good but not as good as the squash pillows" kind of thing. So here is the how too.

Whip
8oz cream cheese
1c sugar
Add
1c candied squash
Add spices to taste (nutmeg, clove, cinnamon)
Unroll refrigerated prepackaged croissant rolls.
Take a spoon full and put in the wider straight edge corner. Bring point up and adjacent corner in meeting in the center. This creates the pillow.
Bake according to package directions.
Enjoy and try not to eat all of the filling before you make your pillows.

No comments: